This is a very easy anytime lunch that is good enough to serve to company! In fact someone served it to me a few years ago for lunch, and I thought it was a genius idea.
- romaine lettuce, chopped or shredded
- 1 tomato, chopped (without seedy insides if possible)
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can yellow sweet corn, drained
- cilantro to taste
- shredded cheddar
- doritos, crunched up for topping (I use the baked doritos and they’re great)
- thousand island dressing (light)
Mix everything together in a big bowl and serve. See, I told you it couldn’t be easier!
I haven’t put amounts for these ingredients because it really just depends on how much you want to make, or how many people are eating it. If you mix everything together including the dressing, don’t mix more than you’ll use for the meal… It is NOT good after it sits in the dressing, like most salads. Or you can mix everything except the dressing and it will last longer.