Roasted Tomato Pasta with Goat Cheese
I had goat cheese I needed to use and after looking through lots of recipes, I opted to try this one from the nummy kitchen blog. I tweaked it a bit, and it turned out delicious and was super easy. I’ll definitely make again!
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 TBS olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 pound penne or fusilli pasta
- 1 cup fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces or 3 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- fresh ground pepper to taste
Add the roasted tomatoes, goat cheese, basil, oregano, reserved cooking liquid ( I only used about 2/3 c, use your judgment, you don’t want it too watery), and remaining 2 TBS olive oil. Toss well and season with fresh ground pepper. Serve warm.