Crunchy Granola To Share
This granola recipe was passed on to me by my Aunt Monica, who got it from someone else, who I suspect got it from someone else… It’s a great recipe to share, and makes plenty for sharing! Even great to send in a care package, because who doesn’t love granola?
It’s easy to make, just takes time and attention to bake at a low temperature.
- 5 cups rolled oats (not instant or quick oats)
- 1 cup flaxseed meal or wheat germ
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 cups raw almonds or almond slivers
- 1 TBS chia seeds (optional)
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted (you can use canola oil if you prefer)
- 3/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups raisins or dried cranberries
Stir in raisins or cranberries when done baking and store in an airtight container when cooled. Great to give as gifts in mason jars!