Crock Pot Apricot Pineapple Stuffing and Chicken
Easy crock pot meal for the family… Serves 4, or double it to serve 8 like I did when the whole family was on vacation together!
- 1 stick of butter, divided in halves
- 1 box of cornbread stuffing mix
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6-8 oz. jar of apricot pineapple preserves (I usually find these at Walmart, Great Value brand. Otherwise just apricot is fine)
- 8 oz can of pineapple tidbits, drained
In a mixing bowl, make stuffing with 1/2 stick of the butter and the amount of water called for on box. Place chicken on bottom of slow cooker. Spoon stuffing over top of chicken. Melt remaining 1/2 stick of butter with the preserves in microwave or on stove top and stir, then stir in pineapples. Pour over chicken and stuffing.
Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 31/2 hours.