Cheesy Artichoke Bread
This would be great as a party appetizer! It’s super quick and easy to make.
- 3 TBS butter or butter substitute like Brummel & Brown
- 3 cubes frozen garlic or 1 TBS minced fresh garlic
- 1 14oz can can artichokes, drained, chopped if you wish
- 1/2 c reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c reduced fat sour cream
- 1 loaf french bread, sliced length wise
- 1/4 c shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat to 375. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic cubes or minced garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the artichoke hearts, moz and parm cheeses, and sour cream. Heat for 5 min on medium heat, stirring to blend and melt cheese. Remove from heat.
Put your sliced bread on a cookie sheet and scoop out some of the center.
Spoon the artichoke mixture evenly into the bread shell and sprinkle with the cheddar cheese. Cover lightly with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 5 to 8 minutes or until the cheese melts completely.