Flavors of chai tea mixed with the soft texture of a snickerdoodle…
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 3/4 teaspoons ground cardamom
- a couple pinches of black pepper
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups sugar, plus more if needed
- 2 large eggs
Preheat oven to 400F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Combine the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar with the spice mix. Scoop a small amount of dough with a cookie scoop or a spoon. Roll into a ball and coat it in the sugar/spice mixture. Repeat and place the dough balls about two inches apart.
Bake for about 8-10 minutes, rotating the sheet at the halfway point. The tops should crack a little bit, and the cookies as a whole should be chewy in the middles and crispy on the edges. Store in an airtight container!