Baked Oatmeal Cups
I’m sorry it’s been radio silence on this blog for a looooong time!
I’m back with a great recipe for busy mornings on the go.
- 2 large bananas, mashed (the riper the better)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TBS cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 TBS chia seeds
- 2 TBS flax meal (milled flax seed)
- 3 cups old fashioned oats (not quick oats!)
- 1 cup milk (dairy, almond, any kind)
- Add ins: apple chunks, blueberries, dates, raisins, craisins, chocolate chips, almond slivers, sunflower seeds
Preheat the oven to 350.
In a large bowl, mix all ingredients in the order they are in, up to and including milk. Once mixed well, allow mixture to sit for 5 minutes so the liquid will be absorbed into the oats.
Add your mix-ins!
Bake in muffin liners for 25-30 minutes.
Makes 26-28 muffins.
You can keep these in an airtight container for about a week, or freeze them in freezer bags and take them out as you need them.