Amazingly Easy Lasagna
My hub and I both thought this was the best lasagna we’d ever eaten! And the best part is, it’s very easy to make. It makes 12 servings, but more realistically 6, because you’ll definitely want seconds!
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey (or ground beef if you prefer)
- 3 Dorot frozen basil cubes (or 3 tsp chopped fresh basil)
- 3 Dorot frozen garlic cubes (or 3 cloves minced fresh garlic)
- 45 oz jar tomato sauce (I used great value traditional flavor)
- 16 oz low fat 2% cottage cheese (even if you don’t like cottage cheese, use it, you will never know it’s in there and it really adds to the flavor and set up of the dish)
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning or oregano
- 12 oz box oven ready/ no boil lasagna noodles
Preheat oven to 350.
In a large skillet over medium heat brown the ground turkey along with chopped onion and basil and garlic cubes. Drain excess grease then add tomato sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, 2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, eggs, half of the grated Parmesan cheese, dried parsley, Italian seasoning and ground black pepper.
To assemble, in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish evenly spread a layer of the meat & sauce mixture. Cover with uncooked lasagna noodles, then a layer of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining sauce, remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Cover with aluminum foil.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.