Healthier Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
I’ve been craving oatmeal raisin cookies lately and decided to try to make them somewhat healthier. These turned out pretty good!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- a few sprinkles of ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp light butter, room temperature (I use brummel & brown yogurt spread)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup light syrup like (mrs. butterworth light)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup rolled oats (not quick oats)
- 1/2 cup (heaping) raisins
Preheat oven to 350. In a stand mixer or with a hand-held mixer, mix 2 TBS butter and 1/4 cup sugar until combined.
Add in 1 egg, 1/4 cup applesauce, 1/4 cup each maple syrups, 1 tsp vanilla.
Bake cookies for 13-15 minutes at 350. Allow to cool on cookie sheets for 5 minutes then transfer to cooling rack.
Made 20 cookies.
Nutritional facts for 1 cookie: 132 cal, 1.5 g fat, 29 carbs, 17 g sugar, 2 g fiber, 148 g sodium, 2 g protein
You can use real butter and all pure maple syrup but this of course would affect nutritional info.